To be one of the top professional service companies, you need to be able to answer a key question. ‘Why?’. Put simply, the answer to this question should encompass exactly what your business’s ethos and motivations are for opening up every day, disregarding rational factors such as market share, revenues, and profit.
Whatever the professional service industry you work in, from accountancy to technology, to architecture, to recruitment, until you can answer the key question of ‘why’, you’ll be unable to really grow and become the best business in your market. In order to do this, you need to start off building your core reputation and this should take into account the following questions:
- How is your professional services company different from your competitors?
- What steps are you taking to change professional services forever?
- What emotional and rational factors influence your professional services standing and why?
- If someone asked you to define your professional services company in one word, which word would it be and why?
- How would you define the ideal customer for your professional services firm?